First project from Mason-Dixon Knitting, a book I resisted for some time, mostly because I already had too many knitting books, magazines, web patterns (one does get a little overwhelmed!).
I really wanted to make this the minute I saw it, and, rather conveniently, a cow-orker I like had a baby girl recently. So I did a little stash raiding and decided this silky red acrylic blend (no label anymore) would more than do. And then I ran out towards the end, so I conveniently decided a contrasting stripe was in order.
The task of finding ribbons put me off, though at first I was looking forward to it. Except for John Lewis, there are no obvious, nearby sources, and even though I did poke around a few ribbon-friendly places, I had to go to 2 JLs before I found the right thing. But I felt really lucky in the end, b/c even though I didn't have the piece with me to match colour, well, it did.
Remains to be seen if it fits, but the recipient's mum was v. pleased. In fact, it was the nicest reaction I've ever had to a piece of gift knitting, which makes me feel slighty guilty as this one was primarily for my own pleasure...